Children in foster care with a CASA volunteer:
-Are less likely to be in long term foster care
-Are more likely to receive appropriate services
-Are less likely to re-enter foster care
-Are less likely to be re-abused
than children without a CASA volunteer
What do CASA volunteers do to benefit children in foster care?
- Gather Information: Review documents and records, interview the children, family members and professionals in their lives.
- Court Reports: Provide written reports to the court in preparation for all court proceedings.
- Attend Court: Advocate for the child’s best interests “Be the Safety Net”.
- Recommend Services: Ensure that the children are receiving appropriate services
- Monitor Case Plans and Court Orders: Assist the Court by reporting any deviation from what the court has ordered for the life of the case.
- Visit with the Child: maintain a consistent and regular visiting schedule with the child, minimum of once per month.
Over 300 children in Passaic County are in need of a CASA volunteer. You can help us ensure they have a voice while in foster care.
Learn more about becoming a CASA Volunteer by providing your info below or click here to watch a video about the need for CASA's.
Nothing you share will be posted on Facebook. This information is sent directly to CASA staff.