Employment opportunities will be posted here as available.
Passaic County CASA for Children is seeking a full-time (40 hrs/week) or potentially part-time (30 hrs/week) Training Coordinator to develop and implement training programs for Court Appointed Special Advocate Volunteers. The successful candidate will have a solid track record of developing and implementing training programs for adults, including face-to-face training and online training. Strong preference given to candidates with child welfare training experience. The Training Coordinator will work to assess training needs of volunteers, identify available training resources and develop training programs and events both for new and existing volunteers. The Coordinator will coordinate a minimum of six face-to-face training series per year for new volunteers, as well as monthly continuing education workshops, and online webinars.
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Professional
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree
Job Type: Full-time, potentially part-time
- Wayne, NJ 07470
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter specific to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. EOE.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED.
Advocacy Case Supervisor
Passaic County CASA is celebrating its 10th Anniversary of providing high quality advocacy services to abused and neglected youth in the foster care system. We are committed to growing to serve every child. You have the opportunity to join this dynamic and powerful organization as a full time Advocacy Case Supervisor.
The Advocacy Case Supervisor manages CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) volunteers with the goal of ensuring that abused and neglected children in the foster care system receive effective advocacy and permanency planning. The Advocacy Case Supervisor is responsible for volunteer supervision and coordination of cases. Additionally, the Advocacy Case Supervisor will assist the Outreach Coordinator and training team with recruitment, screening, and training of community volunteers as needed.
Our staff is a tight knit team of highly driven individuals who are committed to the mission of the organization. Each team member is responsible for his or/her own responsibilities but also has ownership of the overall organizational success.
The next Advocacy Case Supervisor will work with a team of up to 30 volunteers and their cases to deliver high quality court appointed advocacy services to children in foster care. The successful applicant for this position will be experienced in the family court and/or child welfare system. The candidate will be highly detail oriented, tech saavy, and able to think quickly on their feet.
The position requires attending regular court hearings, accompanying volunteers on home visits as needed, and supporting volunteers with regular office hours. Regular, detailed case documentation is required to maintain compliance with standards. The Advocacy Case Coordinator is the point of contact for all child welfare stakeholders and the main support for the volunteer advocate. Successful candidates must be flexible to attend occasional evening and weekend trainings and organizational events.
Minimum Education Required: 4-year degree
Preferred Education: Masters/J.D.
- Family Law: 2 years
- Child Welfare: 3 years
How to Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter specific to this position. No phone calls please. Resumes@passaiccountycasa.org
COVER LETTER REQUIRED FOR APPLICATION TO BE CONSIDERED
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Wayne, NJ 07470
1. Serve as an important ambassador of CASA for Children’s work to the community, donors, volunteers and supporters to ensure children continue to receive the support needed to thrive in their community.
2. Under the direction of the Program Manager
Coordinate the holiday gift collection and drive for children in foster care
Coordinate the back to school collection for children in foster care
Coordinate and serve as liaison for volunteer groups conducting outside collections to benefit CASA for children (schools, scout groups, religious organizations, businesses)
3. Under the direction of the Program Manager
Support volunteer enrichment event activities
Coordinate volunteer reporting activities
Support volunteer retainment events and research
4. Under the direction of the Executive Director
Conduct research for grant opportunities to support volunteer and child services
Assist with seasonal development needs including mailings or event preparation
1. Provide School supplies and holiday gifts for 300 children in foster care.
2. Research and draft 5-7 new grant opportunities
3. Organize 2 Volunteer engagement sessions
1. Must be a highly effective communicator and able to transition between working with volunteers, donors and clients alike
2. High levels of skills with Excel, Word, Powerpoint, design software and Internet skills
3. Extremely detailed oriented
4. High level and energetic writing skills
5. Demonstrated organizational planning and ability to plan multiple tasks simultaneously
6. Commitment to the mission of CASA strongly desired
7. Spanish bilingual a plus but not required
8. A team player to work in a fast paced environment with conflicting priorities.
Training and Evaluation
1. Attend meetings, in-service and training sessions identified by SPCDC AmeriCorps Program and the Passaic County CASA for Children.
2. Attend National Days of Service, AmeriCorps week, and events sponsored by the Corporation for National & Community Service.
Non-Profit Operations, Fundraising, Marketing and Social Media Internships Available (Unpaid)