Employment opportunities will be posted here as available.
Volunteer Recruitment/Outreach Coordinator
Passaic County CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) for Children mobilizes community volunteers to serve as advocates for abused and neglected children in foster care. The organization envisions a community where every child has an advocate and the opportunity to thrive.
Passaic County CASA for Children has embarked on a five year plan to expand services to vulnerable children in foster care, so that it is able to provide services to an increased number of the over 600 children in the family court system every year.
Key objectives to the success of this plan are:
- Improved growth in the number of volunteers trained each year,
- Increased retention of volunteers who stay active for the life of the child’s case, and
- Increased revenue raised from community partners and other donors.
Community Outreach Coordinator
This position presents a unique opportunity for an individual with the right motivation, background and skill set. While there are established goals and objectives and certain scheduling requirements, there is a tremendous amount of creative and scheduling flexibility. For the individual with the right experiences, this role can be part-time (minimum 20-25 hrs. week)
Consistent with the mission and values of Passaic County CASA for Children, the Community Outreach Coordinator will be primarily responsible for creating and executing a detailed plan to identify, engage and secure an increased number of qualified volunteers to serve as Court Appointed Special Advocates. In conjunction with their recruitment plan, the Outreach Coordinator will align all communication efforts to assist in identifying program improvements to increase volunteer retention and increase donor and partner revenues.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will achieve this through multiple outreach efforts and activities.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Responsible for development, implementation and maintenance of Annual Recruitment Plan
• Responsible for implementation of the organization communication plan
• Researches and implements creative ways to market and promote the mission of Passaic
• Develop pro-active and innovative approaches to sourcing and educating interested persons
and companies about Passsaic County CASA
• Pro-actively participates in recruiting potential volunteers outside of the CASA office.
• Assists with the development of creative pieces that target potential volunteers. (Website,
postcards, direct mail pieces, flyers etc.).
• Develops a standardized “soft-sell” recruitment approach that can be leveraged at all
appropriate Passaic County CASA for Children special events.
• Educates CASA staff in all tools and techniques that can assist in goal achievement
• Coordinates all media activities including print, television and radio.
• Creates and distributes material on various communication channels (newsletter, website,
• Coordinates the Passaic County CASA Speakers Bureau and Ambassadors program.
This includes speaker's training and securing speaking engagements.
• Provides the Executive Director monthly progress reports on recruitment and public relations
Activities, including evaluating the impact of outreach and recruiting efforts.
• Assists in developing agency goals.
• Follows procedures as set out in the agency’s manual of policies and procedures.
• Participates in the staff meetings, providing appropriate recruitment and public relations data and
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be willing to submit to and pass multiple background checks
• Undergraduate degree preferred
(combined education, work experience and results will be considered in lieu of degree)
• 2-3 years experience in sales or marketing; to include Social Media marketing
• Creative thinker with ability to develop innovative recruitment ideas and corresponding presentation materials
• Collaborative influencing style
• Measurable experience in initiating and building professional contacts
• Experience leveraging contacts to identify opportunities for CASA presentations
• Proven skills in organizing and managing information, events and meetings
• Outstanding written and verbal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Proven ability to speak to groups of all sizes
• Proven experience in juggling multiple tasks and prioritizing deadlines
• Needs to be confident, flexible and responsible
• Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office), embraces technology, database experience a plus
• Experience with marketing analytics; comfortable with identifying, gathering and leveraging data to inform decision making
• Experience with a nonprofit and working with volunteers a plus
• General knowledge of children services
Please apply via email to Resume@passaiccountycasa.org.
All applications must include a cover letter. Resumes without cover letter will not be considered.
Internships Available (Unpaid)
Rolling applications Accepted
Internships at Passaic County CASA
Passaic County CASA is looking for Fall, Spring, & Summer Interns. The internship will provide a valuable experience to those interested in moving on to work in the Child Welfare, Court Systems, and Non Profit sector. The hours are flexible to assist the student in his/her schedule. Internships are available with a focus in the areas of nonprofit management, child welfare practice, training and development, as well as social media and public relations. To find out more information or to apply for an internship, please contact
Gina Cetta at Gina@passaiccountycasa.org or 973-832-4002.