What are corporate matching gift programs?
Corporate matching gift programs are charitable giving programs setup by companies to match donations made by their employees to eligible nonprofit organizations.
For example, if a donor works for Bank of America and donates $100 to Passaic County CASA, Bank of America will double the donation by also writing a check for $100. That means a donor’s money can go twice as far!
Some companies also match the number of hours that their employees volunteer with a financial donation. That’s a win-win, too!
How common are these programs?
More than 15 million American employees work for companies with matching gift programs or employee volunteer grant programs! Many don’t even know it.
A few examples include:
• Johnson & Johnson – Triples donations with $2:$1 matches for current employees while also doubling donations for retirees.
• Bank of America – Matches donations $1:$1 up to $5,000 annually per employee.
• Home Depot – Matches donations $1:$1 up to $3,000 annually per employee.
The impact of these programs can be substantial! In one year alone, Microsoft matched $48.9 million worth of employee donations.
Want to find out if your volunteer hours or donation to Passaic County CASA is eligible to be matched by your employer?
You can immediately assess your eligibility and gain access to detailed corporate giving information about your employer by searching our database of companies with matching gift programs. Just click on the yellow box above!
There you will find the following information:
- A searchable database of employers
- Up-to-date company policies on donation matching
- Minimum volunteer hours or donation amounts required
- Printed forms or links to the online submission process
- Our nonprofit’s contact information (Tax ID, address, fundraising contact)
Thank you for taking this additional step to help Passaic County CASA! Every dollar helps us serve more children in foster care.