CASA Extends Call for New Board Members
The Passaic County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) seeks a maximum of five highly qualified individuals to serve on the Board of Directors for the period 2015-2018. Passaic County CASA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that promotes and supports professionally trained court-appointed volunteer advocates for children in out-of-home placement. CASA volunteers serve as a child's voice in court and are committed to ensuring that needed services and assistance are made available to children in out-of-home placements, while at the same time helping move these children toward safe, nurturing and permanent homes.
The Board meets in person monthly on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the evening. In addition to the monthly board meetings the time commitment is 1 committee meeting monthly as well as phone calls and emails.
Qualifications sought include:
- Professional backgrounds of all types are sought, especially those in law enforcement, medicine, clergy, business or fundraising
- Well established Passaic County community contacts and relationships
- Interest and/or experience in philanthropy/ charitable work
- Dedication to the cause
- Ability to attend and contribute at meetings
- Must live or work within Passaic County, NJ.
The following personal qualities of a board member are important to this high-functioning small board:
- High ethical standards/integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Passionate and energetic
- Collaborative and consensus builder
For more information or to apply; please contact Erica Fischer-Kaslander at Erica@passaicccountycasa.org or 973-832-4002. Applications will be evaluated as they are received.